The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Misting

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by syl726 on February 09, 2004 04:48 PM
Can plants get too much misting? I usually try to do mine every or everyother day.
by Flower on February 09, 2004 04:51 PM
...guess it depends on what kind of plants your growing. Some like misting frequently...even daily....others don't like misting at all. If your plants are healthy and happy.....then all is well and you can continue like your doing now. [grin]

-
by Will Creed on February 10, 2004 02:53 AM
Misting can sometimes transmit water-borns fungal diseases, but that is rare. If your tap water is on the hard side, then you may get mineral buildup on the leaves. A few fuzzy-leaved plants do not tolerate cold water on their leaves.

Otherwise, misting does no harm. However, it doesn't do much good either. Misting is commonly believed to raise the humidity. Well, it does, but only for the short time that the water droplets remain on the leaves. In other words, not much.

If you like to mist, do it to your hearts content. If misting is a chore, skip it and your plants will never notice.
by apples on February 10, 2004 06:10 AM
As soon as dusk hits I mist my plants that require extra humidity every half hour that I'm home and wash the leaves every week! Eccept when I'm sleeping. [perplexed]

-
The answers will come when needed. Otherwise, I'm guesing time will make me feel silly.

Active Garden Forum