The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

aloe vera

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Aloe Vera| Next thread: Aloe Vera; Need Advise »
Back to Thread index
by juliewoodberry on November 07, 2005 02:54 AM
I read that the off shoots from the aloe plants should be removed when they're about 5 inches.
I tried to do this but the roots seem to be strongly attched the the main plant.
Another off shoot i took off ( and re-planted?) i broke a coupls of roots??
what am i supposed to do
by Jiffymouse on November 07, 2005 04:32 AM
they can be removed at any size, and yes, you will break some of the roots. one thing you can do is take a sharp knife and slice between the babies and the mother plant.
by MaryReboakly on November 07, 2005 05:20 AM
Here's my vote of confidence:

I had to hurry and take a baby from my SIL's pot and just yanked it out, literally, and plunked it in a pot when I got home. That was several weeks ago - and it's alive and kicking! [thumb]

-
 -
by comfrey on November 08, 2005 04:08 AM
I read somewhere that it actually takes about 6 months for a new aloe to have its own root system, in the mean time it will live, they are very hardy plants as far plucking and plopping into another pot...As long as they are not over watered, they usually will survive.

-
 -
by cinta on November 13, 2005 10:46 AM
Yes it took about 6 months for mine to root once it did it shoot out two babies. Water very little it should be pretty dry until it roots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Aloe Vera| Next thread: Aloe Vera; Need Advise »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: