The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need Advice bout Tiger Lillies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Need Advice ,Please| Next thread: Need Advice For Shady Yard »
Back to Thread index
by comfrey on October 10, 2005 10:58 AM
I have tiger lillies and iris in a bed together, both have over grown the bed and I need to know, how/when I should move some of the tiger lillies. Any help or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

-
 -
by alankhart on October 10, 2005 09:24 PM
Fall is the best time to move them. You might want to add a little bit of bulb fertilizer to the new location.

-
 -
 -
by weezie13 on October 10, 2005 09:30 PM
I found a "Lily" *didn't know what kind it was, only that it was somekind of lily* last year growing in the towns' compost piles in the last parts of the fall... I brought it home,
plopped it into some peatmoss I had in an old swimming pool and covered it with a bit of chopped leaves, and thought I'll hope for best.....
It survived beautifully and bloomed wonderfully.
So, my guess who be fall time would be perfect for them...

Good luck and let us know how it all turned out..
We [Cool] love [Love] to hear [gabby] about [critic] updates, good [angel] or bad [devil] results either way, that's how we all learn [teacher] .

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by comfrey on October 11, 2005 11:03 AM
Thanks for the help and I was afraid it was the right time...I dug tulip bulbs today, I am one of those people who plant for effect...LOL the tulips were beautiful for 3 years and I had many compliments on them [clappy] But they have become over crowed because I did plant them too close on purpose "for effect". [flower] [flower] [flower] Anyway it took 4 hours of hand digging to get them all out of the bed...now to sort the bulbs and find places for half of them within the next week [thinker] I have bulb food to use when I replant the tulips and the tiger lilies. So far since Saturday I have cleaned half of the veggie garden, The peony bed and cut them back, 2 different iris beds, besides the tulip bed. I only have 3 more beds to do and finish the veggie garden...YIPPIE...BUT I am getting TOOO old for all this work!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Need Advice ,Please| Next thread: Need Advice For Shady Yard »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: