The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help, I'm sick!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Amber J on May 15, 2006 03:53 AM
I am Amber's plant. She loves me and thinks I'm really pretty but I'm getting sick. I have all these brown spots all over me, especially towards my base and lower leaves. I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror sometimes because I feel so ugly. I try to cover it up with make up, but nothing works. Please help! Here is a picture of me:

-
by Jiffymouse on May 15, 2006 04:24 AM
hi amber's plant. if you could get her to post a picture of all of you, along with your name, we could help you better.
by Amber J on May 15, 2006 08:01 PM
More pics...

-

-
by Jiffymouse on May 16, 2006 03:08 PM
ah, ok. looks like some kind of draceana. those are pretty hardy plants, hard to kill, and will do well for you. i don't know what the problem is, but now that we can identify you, we can get someone on here who can tell you.

i've had them get spotty for no appearant reason other than they didn't like the water. but there are other reasons.

sunburn from water drops can do it too. the water drops magnify the sun, and burns the leaf.

hopefully someone else will have better ideas.
by dodge on May 18, 2006 12:09 PM
Looks like a Yucca to me.
Are the leaves sharp and stiffish?

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by joclyn on May 18, 2006 12:34 PM
not all yucca have stiff leaves, nor are all of them sharp-edged either. yucca IS usually more full all around tho.

initially, it looks like draceana...i did some googling - didn't come up with a match tho. which doesn't mean it's not a drac. i just may not have found it.

ms plant, could you tell me if you have ever had flowers? and if so, what did they look like?
by preciousgreenfingers on May 22, 2006 04:19 AM
Looks like a yucca to me too.
by margaret e. pell on May 22, 2006 07:00 AM
Whatever it is, tell us about its conditions. How long have you had it; did the decline start slowly after you got it or did it start after 6 months or more of happiness? It's in a plastic pot, do you let it get dry between waterings or keep it evenly moist? How much sun do you give it? Have you moved the pot or changed its sun a/o water amounts recently? Do you fertilize it? Fertilizer will burn some plants.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: