The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

how long do rubber plants take to grow

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: how long do I have to wait?| Next thread: How long does it take »
Back to Thread index
by Ross on May 08, 2006 05:21 AM
hi my rubber plant i got is about 30cm tall can anyone tell me how long it will take to get about 1 meter tall.

if any 1 can help please do!!!!

ross
by Jiffymouse on May 08, 2006 07:25 AM
ross, there are so many variaables that i couldn't begin to tell you. i will say that it isn't uncommon for a ficus elastica to grow a meter in one growing season.
by guero75 on May 09, 2006 04:48 PM
Give it tons of bright light, don't repot, don't overwater, and don't overfertilize, and you should have some awesome growth.
by Michael15r on May 09, 2006 05:46 PM
do these plants bloom at all? I was thinking of getting one for my self.

A Sunflower Garden #7
Check out my website.
by Jiffymouse on May 10, 2006 01:42 PM
i've never seen one bloom, although, i am sure in their native environment they must. i really don't think they get mature enough as house plants to bloom.
by mountain_laurel on May 11, 2006 05:34 AM
I rooted a rubber tree from leaf cutting. I am just curious if anyone else has done so. Most everyone I know has done their rooting by air layering. Do you think the leaf cutting will sprout a plant? The roots go deep, but there is no sign yet. I have had it rooted for about 3 mo.
by NewtothePot on May 11, 2006 03:11 PM
I'm not sure about a leaf cutting, but I am trying to root a stem in water. Hasn't done much.
by Jiffymouse on May 13, 2006 02:55 PM
when I take cuttings, i usually just take the topp 4 inches or so, and stick it in potting soil and water as if it already had roots. they grow fine that way

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: how long do I have to wait?| Next thread: How long does it take »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: