The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

kalanchoe

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: kalancho| Next thread: kalanchoe »
Back to Thread index
by Jiffymouse on January 05, 2004 12:21 AM
i have kalanchoe of the walmart variety that almost died from my doing nothing right. now, after i put it out for the summer in partial shade, it is just fine. i cut off the top, put it in potting soil and gave the "parent" to the kids' Godmother. the top has decided to bloom for me [dunno]
any ideas on how to keep from killing it this time?
by mich168 on January 06, 2004 10:47 PM
I am no expert on these. I inheritated 2 off them and they are currently sitting on the porch, in a sun/shade area, getting watered whenever I feel like it or by the rain (lately). I cut the old, dead blooms off of them and now both are on the verge of blooming again. So, if you got it to bloom, you must be doing something right!
Maybe Will Creed will have some comments???

[wayey]

-
 -
by catlover on January 06, 2004 10:59 PM
My Kalanchoe is in partial shade and ready to bloom as well....this one kinda likes moist soil! I have taken soo many pieces off for starters this last year....it made it really bushy and lots of blooms are ready to emerge!!! [thumb] It was left here when I moved in and it was a sick little thing....not now!

-
 -
 -
by Jiffymouse on January 06, 2004 11:13 PM
sounds like catlover has one like mine. seems to like slightly moister soil than i am used to.
by TomR on January 07, 2004 06:53 PM
Funny, I let mine go kind of dry between waterings.I feed every other watering. They seem to like that. Hey, whatever works!

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: kalancho| Next thread: kalanchoe »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: