The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

What's this white stuff on this leaf?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Meg on October 02, 2005 12:56 PM
This is the top leaf of my one Washington Hawthorne tree. I noticed this white substance on it. Any ideas??
 -

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Patty S on October 02, 2005 02:33 PM
It's hard to tell from the photo if the white stuff is wet or dry. Have you tried to rinse it off? Does the tree otherwise appear to be healthy? If it's an isolated situation (only on the 1 leaf), I wouldn't worry about it, myself... I'd try to wash it off & if it doesn't come back, just chalk it up to something weird! [thinker]

Assuming that this is a current photo, being that it's October & you are in West Virginia, I'm surprised that the leaves of a deciduous tree are so green! [nutz] (Aren't your trees in 'autumn mode' there?) I notice evidence of a spider... could it be that this white stuff is a bazaar attempt at a cocoon? [dunno]

I know NOTHING about trees... (nor about almost any plant life that isn't in a vegetable garden!) so I'm just punching around in the dark for guesses here! [Embarrassed] I'll watch for other posts & maybe learn something!
Good luck!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: