The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

spider plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Spider Plant| Next thread: spider plant »
Back to Thread index
by winter marie on April 28, 2006 05:22 PM
[dunno] Ok I need some help,
I think I have over watered my spider plant and killed it?
I got the plant on the 12 of April as a gift from my boyfriend, it was already in bad shape so I watered it and gave it house plant food (miracle grow).Well the leaves are browning and wilting. I have not given it any more water and have put it in a sunny spot but not in direct sunlight.
Is it doomed? Have i murdered my anniversary gift?
Oh some one please help, i am so sad and don't know how to help my beloved plant......
I will post pictures tomorrow so it can be seen.
Thanks to all who try and help!!!
Winter
by joclyn on April 29, 2006 04:39 AM
is it rootbound? if you see roots growing out of the bottom of the container, i'd put it in a larger pot!

twofold help there - you'll spread out the overly moist roots AND give them new soil to get some nutrition from!
by Jiffymouse on May 02, 2006 02:43 PM
ok, first pardon the goofy spaces. i'm on a computer with a keyboard from h*ll.

you need to pick the plant up out of the pot. look at the roots. they shouldd be the color and consistancy of a peeled potato. but they will be about the size of a child's little finger. also, you don't want to feed a sick plant. you should either repot it or wash out the extra fertilizer you put in it. then let it slightly dry between waterings.
by Tonya on May 02, 2006 05:34 PM
From what I have learned- spider plants like to dry out a bit between waterings. Trust me- I killed a prickly pear before I learned my lesson. Mine also seem to prefer to be slightly rootbound... it throws babies left and right! Good luck!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by kirsten on May 07, 2006 06:23 AM
thanks for the great tips....
by Ross on May 08, 2006 05:28 AM
its not a good idea to give it feeder if the plant has been repoted latey, very young because i let my plants settle in before i give them feeder so that could be the probem.

so if i was u i would live it unwater 4 a week or 2 before repoting it because it may recover

ross

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spider Plant| Next thread: spider plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: