The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Thai plant care

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: thai basil| Next thread: Thank you »
Back to Thread index
by Amy R. on April 01, 2006 11:48 AM
Hi folks,
I just purchased what my eccentric nursery purveyor called a "Thai plant", and I completely forgot to ask Charlie how to care for it. Nor was I able to find much information online. Have you any pertinent knowledge to share with me this evening?
 -

by Will Creed on April 02, 2006 01:48 AM
Hi Amy,

It is hard to see the leaves front-on in your photo, but it looks like you have a Thai ginger or Alpinia galanga.

Indoors it should be in a sunny window and outside it should be in light shade. It prefers evenly moist soil and humid air.

If you need to spice up your life, dig up the tuber and grate it.
by Amy R. on April 02, 2006 02:18 AM
Thanks, Will.

Weezie, I tried PM'ing you, but your box is full. Sorry, I can't edit the huge pic, as the edit time has elapsed, so I guess it's up to you guys to push the button. Thanks, and my apologies for not following the rules (again).
by afgreyparrot on April 02, 2006 02:34 AM
It's fixed..... [wavey]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by rucrazy on April 21, 2006 07:56 AM
Amy R. I love the Thai plant you got. I was not able to find out much on the net from the names that will creed told you. Have you found a site with more information that you can share with me? Does anyone else know anything about this plant? I love the shape and plants and would be interested in getting one. Thanks, Amy
by rucrazy on April 21, 2006 08:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Will Creed:
Hi Amy,

It is hard to see the leaves front-on in your photo, but it looks like you have a Thai ginger or Alpinia galanga.

Indoors it should be in a sunny window and outside it should be in light shade. It prefers evenly moist soil and humid air.

If you need to spice up your life, dig up the tuber and grate it.

by rucrazy on April 21, 2006 08:15 AM
Ooop! Don't know what I'm doing, can you tell? Pls ignore the previous post that I quoted. [dunno]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: thai basil| Next thread: Thank you »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: