The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help with House plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: help with grow lights| Next thread: help with house plants please »
Back to Thread index
by Lora on March 27, 2006 05:30 AM
I recently bought a Gandenia plant at the local Nursery, and I did not ask any question about the plant, ie: perrienial or annual, lighting requirements, etc., Now I am hoping someone will answer those questions for me. I just recently learned that Gardenia are very particular plants in just about everything about them. I wish I would have known this before I spent $20 on it. I like the fragrance of it, and the attractivness of the flower. But, if anyone knows of any problems they have had with theirs and the solutions PLEASE fill me in!! Im a novice gardener, and from what I have read this plant could be classified for expert gardeners. Thanks everyone

Happy Gardening Everyone!!
by loz on March 27, 2006 05:35 AM
Here's a little info Lora! I'm not really familiar with them myself, just dug this out for you....Keep checking back more members will probably post info.

gardenia

Nice to meet you! [wavey]

laura [Smile]
by Amy R. on March 27, 2006 08:55 AM
Hi Lora,

I'm a serial Gardenia murderer. I don't even know what number I am on, BUT the one I have now is doing great in an east facing window where it gets about two hours of direct light. I never let the soil dry out, it's in a small kitchen so the humidity level is a bit higher, I don't fertilize it, and the temperature does not fluctuate too wildy. So far, it's going like gangbusters, and I am rewarded with a house filled with their intoxicating fragrance.
Good luck with your new plant; they are a challenge for sure, but with a little practice, maybe you too will reap the rewards.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: help with grow lights| Next thread: help with house plants please »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: