The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

mums the word......

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Mums from the store in fall| Next thread: Munched Daff Buds?? »
Back to Thread index
by linda12159 on November 05, 2004 05:56 PM
in my hood there are plenty of people who love to decorate for the fall holidays. most of them have money to throw away, (i guess), cuz it never fails that every year i find (on garbage day) that these people just throw away their potted mums. i dont know much about these beauties, but aren't they perennials? well, this year i decided to save them all!! i've gathered 9 potted mums....just beautiful!! my question is, how can i save them, and plant them in my garden? maybe cuz there garden store bought they wont grow? i dunno......please help me save these wonderful mums from the dumpster!!
thanks, Linda

-
learn from others mistakes....you can't live long enough to make them all yourself
by alankhart on November 07, 2004 04:55 PM
If you can't get them in the ground now, one thing you could do is find a sheltered spot outside, leave them in their pots and cover them with some straw for protection...then plant them next year. It's best not to cut them back until spring...they will have a better chance of overwintering.

-
 -
 -
by linda12159 on November 07, 2004 05:13 PM
thanks, i can get them in the ground now...its a great day today for it!
i appreciate your help.
thanks, Linda

-
learn from others mistakes....you can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Mums from the store in fall| Next thread: Munched Daff Buds?? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: