The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

calla lily - Zantedeschia Aethiopica -trimming flower

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Calla lily| Next thread: Calla Lily Growth Cycle?? »
Back to Thread index
by Owen on November 04, 2004 09:48 PM
Hi,

I have a calla lily in my bedroom which I bought recently, and I have two problems with it.

Firstly, the flower is beginning to wither, and I have come across alot of websites saying I should cut it off. However, I am not sure where I should cut the flower off. Currently, I only have one withering flower on the plant at the top of a rather long stem, which is the strongest stem of the plant. Do you recommend that I cut it or that I leave it? If you recommend that I cut the flower, where should I cut it to get the most flowers to grow back as soon as possible.

Otherwise, a few leaves are yellowing. Some young ones are still nice and green, but others are yellowing. I bought the plant about three weeks ago, and I must say that the pot looks a little bit small for the size of the plant and when . Do you think this problem is most likely related to pot size or to soil quality (pH, moisture...).

Thanks very much for your help,

Owen
by gardenmom32210 on November 05, 2004 02:51 PM
Hi Owen [wayey] Welcome to the forum!

I don't know much about Calla Lillies,but here is some info on them that our Head Guru Bill has elsewhere on the site...

Calla Lily

Hope this helps!

G-Mom [grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Calla lily| Next thread: Calla Lily Growth Cycle?? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: