The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

kalancho

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Kahlua Pumpkin Pie| Next thread: kalanchoe »
Back to Thread index
by kirksgirl on March 19, 2006 09:27 PM
This is my Kalancho  -
I was wondering when these things bloom, mine looks very healthy so I am not really worried. But I was at Walmart and saw some already in bloom. But mine has no flowers yet.
by Will Creed on March 20, 2006 05:32 AM
Kalanchoes must have bright indirect sunlight all day with a few hours of early or late day direct light. A minimum of 4 hours of direct sun every day is essential for flowering. It also must be quire potbound.

It is a succulent and likes dry soil, but will not go for a long time without any water as a cactus will. It prefers warm temps, never below 60 degrees.

It is a “short- day” plant that will flower at any time of the year. However, to set buds it should have 16 hours of completely dark nights for 3 months. This is more than most owners can manage.

Will Creed
Interior landscaper
by connie mounsey on March 20, 2006 07:53 PM
Mine have been blooming for a couple of months now. I put them out in the summer and in the winter they are in a west facing window.

Without faith life has no meaning.
by kirksgirl on March 20, 2006 09:25 PM
Interesting, it sits in a really bright kitchen window all day, but the kitchen also has a light on at night. It looks very healthy so Maybe it's just not getting enough darkness..Maybe I will have to experiment a little... [grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Kahlua Pumpkin Pie| Next thread: kalanchoe »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: