The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bleeding heart problems

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Bleeding heart help| Next thread: bleeding heart seeds? »
Back to Thread index
by basker22202 on October 28, 2004 07:08 PM
Hi, I hope that someone may be able to help me out here...

My bleeding heart is not very old. I have had it planted from cuttings that I grew roots out from. It has since become very healthy and fruitful.

In the last 2 weeks, two new plants started out of the soil and as they have grown and the leafs are growing bigger I have noticed that the leaves are blooming with holes in them and the holes are staying, not noticably changing accept with the size of the leaf. Does anyone have any idea what this could mean??

thank you
by weezie13 on October 28, 2004 09:11 PM
Hello Basker22202,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!!
We are very glad you found us!!

First off, I'm going to let you know I'm going to move your post into Plants and Flowers Section....
There's a few more gardeners in there that will be able to help you with your Bleeding Heart plant.

But in the meantime, while you're waiting for some of the gardener's to come thru, can I ask some questions to help narrow it down a bit faster for the other gardenr's coming thru.....

Now, where I live, growing zone 5, my bleeding heart has been asleep for quite sometime now..
Mine is planted outdoors, and comes up in the spring time, and because I have mine in some sun, it'll go to sleep *or go dormant* around the end of August...

Do you have yours planted outside in a perennial bed?
In a growing container..? Outside??? Inside???

And do you know your growing Zone???
USA doesn't help too much with some of the info we need to help....

So, let us know some of those answers and someone will be coming thru...

Weezie

P/S Don't forget we have lot's of other sections here too, to keep you busy in the coming winter months ahead!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by basker22202 on November 03, 2004 07:25 PM
Hi weezie,

thank you for your response...

I am in zone 5 as well. My bleeding heart is a clerodendrum thomsoniae. I have it indoors in a terra cotta pot.

I will let you know that I have since taken the sickly leaves off and it seems to be doing just fine. It is still flowering and growing, but still some of the leaves are thin at tiny spots all over some of the leaves, sort of like freckles. I hope you can help me. I love my plants and I really do not want to loose this one. Thanks again

basker22202
by weezie13 on November 03, 2004 08:04 PM
Basker,
Very Glad to respond!!!
I love plants and like very much helping people grow them and enjoy them as much as I do........

I just did a Google search on the plant you named.
Is this it?
Clerodendrum thomsoniae - Bleeding Glory
It may no be the right color, I see there is a couple of colors, but basically is this the shape, flower/leaves/????

If so, I was thinking of a bleeding heart that would be a perennial that would be left out side, and couldn't figure out why you'd grow it in the house??

Let me know if this is the one in the link above??

Weezie

P/S If it is the plant in the picture and link that I gave you, I am going to move this post into the house plant section and I believe you'll be helped there....Keep me posted!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by basker22202 on November 09, 2004 06:12 AM
Hi Weezie,

Yup, that is my beauty...

Any info re: the probs that I listed before would be great!!

Thanks

Basker

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bleeding heart help| Next thread: bleeding heart seeds? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: