The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hardy to Zone...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by geegeeburr on October 25, 2004 08:26 AM
If it says a plant is hardy to Zone 6, does that mean UP TO Zone 6, or DOWN TO zone 6?

-
by gardenmom32210 on October 25, 2004 01:44 PM
Hmmm...thats a good question. I think its down to zone 6.

G-Mom [grin]
by melcon6 on October 25, 2004 02:06 PM
quote:
If it says a plant is hardy to Zone 6, does that mean UP TO Zone 6, or DOWN TO zone 6?

yes, it means that anything zone 6 and up it should survive the winter, in other words zone 5 probably won't survive and zone 7,8,9 it will. Of course it all depends on the winter you have and how much snow, and how many days below freezing and how much below freezing, how far down into the ground it's planted, how much mulch you use/don't use etc. and of course some plants need to have that winter dormancy so even if it's hardy to zone 5 it may not be a good choice for someone in zone 10. And even if you get something that's hardy to zone 8 and you live in zone 4 doesn't mean you can't have it for the summer it just won't come back! I love growing hibiscus up here in maine!

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by weezie13 on October 25, 2004 06:32 PM
What plant is it by chance???

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by geegeeburr on October 25, 2004 07:18 PM
It's not a specific one, Weezie. It was one Bill had info posted about that reminded me to ask, but every time I see that, I always wonder.

-

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: