The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

newcomer with question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by orchid on August 21, 2005 11:22 PM
Hi all, I am new to this site and am looking forward to being here a lot. I came here to find an answer to why my plants are so much size(huge) and leaf but little flower. This is my first year in this location and most of this soil is purchased in bulk so not sure of its composition.
Thanks
by Shani on August 22, 2005 12:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, Huge leaves, little flowers, what types of plants are you growing?

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by orchid on August 22, 2005 08:49 PM
they are all like that...morning glory, tomato, basil, mum, and especially nasturtium is huge with 1 or 2 flowers...I finally uprooted the whole thing
by weezie13 on August 22, 2005 09:54 PM
Orchid,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum...
and we're very glad you found us!!!

Second, I'm going to move your post down into
the PLANTS AND FLOWERS SECTION.. I think you'll get a few more answers in there...

And third, I'm going to ask you some questions you can answer for us to help narrow it down a bit for you...

When you said you purchased the soil/dirt in bulk, does that mean it was bagged or brought to you on a truck???
And did you use any fertilizers? If so, what kind was it???

And finally, just wanted to let you know, there
was soooooo much to do here, all thru the seasons, and especially we're still very busy here during the winter months, when it's cold and snowy outside...
Recipes, Crafts, Hobbies, Banter Hall for chatting to get to know everyone, and Game Room...
that gets alot of use in those wintery months..

And really finally, there's lot's of fellow
Canadians here as well, in this very friendly Cyber Community....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Aunt B on August 23, 2005 02:02 AM
Hi Orchid, and WELCOME. Have you fertilized? The morning glories and nasturtium will not flower well if fertilized, or may be you have rich dirt where these are planted. However, tomatoes love fertilizer, I feed mine 20-20-20 and the vines are loaded. Don't know much about your basil. Our mums are just now starting to bloom. I fertilze mine once in Spring and keep them clipped to about 6-8 inches until the middle-end of June and then let them take off, they are blooming now and should until frost.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: