Hummingbird House The Garden Helper
No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997
vine bar
Wild Willy

aloe replanting

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Aloe question| Next thread: aloe trouble!!! »
Back to Thread index
by squirt on October 22, 2004 07:57 PM
hello, i have regretably, apparently, overwatered my aloe plant. The longest leaf is about 20cm high and thick and there are 5 prominant leaves, once coming up in the middle. I just came home and the stem had given way, it was rotten all the way though. There is a 1 in. stalk left with the leaves seemingly healthy. Is there anything i can do with this.

by Newt on October 24, 2004 11:22 AM
Hi Squirt,
Usually once a succulent gets overwatered to the point that there is rot, there isn't anything that can be done to save it. Let it dry out before you water again.

Good luck,

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
by njoynit on October 26, 2004 08:14 PM
you can put the damaged leaf in a zippie bag in your fridge and use when you get cuts& burns.

make sure your pot has good drainage,that way less likely for overwatering.I grow mine in ground then is grown in pot from Nov-March.Its not gonna fit in last years pot.still wondering what will pot up in .sorry bout your aloe.I have one stem with a nice BB hole from hubby healed up too.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Aloe question| Next thread: aloe trouble!!! »
Back to Thread index