The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

digging and mailing bulbs advice needed

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Digging a Pond| Next thread: Digging daffodil bulbs »
Back to Thread index
by Karrie on August 10, 2005 10:55 PM
Another member has kindly offered to send me some daffodil bulbs our delima is how is best to dig divide and post them so as not to damage the bulbs? any help with this is much needed and appreciated! [dunno] This is a new experience for both of us!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by Triss on August 11, 2005 12:33 AM
Dig and divide in the fall when you would normally move bulbs for your area. Make sure to remove all the soil around them. Not sure what that process is as I have yet to move my daffodil bulbs.

On the mailing part, a small box with enough space to be able to pack the bulbs with ripped up paper will work just fine, sawdust also works as does packing popcorn. Put the bulbs themselves in a plastic baggie for the trip in case the package gets wet and surround them with the packing material.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Karrie on August 11, 2005 12:49 AM
Thanks Triss. That seems simple enough!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Digging a Pond| Next thread: Digging daffodil bulbs »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: