The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

bouganvillia with curly leaves

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: bougainvillea| Next thread: Bought a flowering maple today ! »
Back to Thread index
by sassysullie on October 07, 2004 05:16 AM
We recently planted six bouganvillia on the upward slope behind our new home. For a few weeks they appeared to be doing well, but now the leaves are curly and brittle. We do have an automatic watering system, but perhaps they are not getting enough water? I have looked at the underside of the leaf and there doesn't appear to be any bugs or insects. Any ideas out there?
by catlover on October 07, 2004 06:47 AM
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question....but I do know you are supposed to be very careful planting them.....I guess they don't like being transplanted and the roots are very sensitive. Once established they are very hardy. My parents had them and now I have 3 that I couldn't kill when I try.
Once they are established they take very little water.....just deep water them and in a few weeks...I can go a month or two before watering again. I never use fertilizer at all on them.....plant in full sun. Once established the more you neglect them the more flowers they produce.
Was there a guarantee on the plant when you bought it? Might be worth checking out!
Catlover [kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Carly on October 08, 2004 09:00 AM
I think just about every book I've read that's themed in the south speaks of bougainvillia (spelling? whew!)

I've never seen one.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: bougainvillea| Next thread: Bought a flowering maple today ! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: