The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Corn Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: corn plant| Next thread: Corn Plant Distress »
Back to Thread index
by Dixie Angel on February 25, 2006 05:16 AM
My poor corn plant suffered through the wedding preparations and came out ragged just like myself. Is there any hope for it? Should I trim all the leaves off it?

-

-

Will it survive?

Dianna

-
 -
by barleychown on February 25, 2006 09:21 AM
Ouch! Poor baby. Don't trim off the leaves, it needs all the nourishment from them that it can get. Did it get too cold? Or not watered?

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by Dixie Angel on February 25, 2006 01:32 PM
Sarah, I water once a week every week. It is sitting right in front of our patio doors. We keep the temperature about 68*. It started looking puny all of a sudden...

So...keep the leaves on, right? I hope that there is hope that it will make it...

Dianna

-
 -
by Cricket on February 25, 2006 05:51 PM
Dianna, have you changed anything in your care regime lately? Repotted, moved to a different location? With all the wedding guests and preparation is it possible the door was left opened for extended periods during cold weather?

A suggestion is to carefully lift the corn plant from its pot to inspect the roots. Soft, mushy, black roots are rotted, while whispy, shriveled dry, brown or black roots are dead from underwatering. If any firm white or whitish roots remain, trim the dead ones and repot into the smallest pot that will contain the smaller rootball. If possible, keep out of draughts.
by cathieken127 on March 01, 2006 02:01 AM
speaking of corn plants are they harmfull to cats or not. you could try to cut it and try to repot it. then it will grow new chuts. cathieken127
by Dixie Angel on March 01, 2006 02:15 AM
quote:
moved to a different location?
I bet that is what happened, Cricket. I DID move it before the wedding and it is right at the patio doors. The draughts must have gotten to the poor baby.

Thanks for coming to the aid of my poor, defenseless plant. She will be moved back where I had her to start with where there aren't any drafts...

Dianna

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: corn plant| Next thread: Corn Plant Distress »
Back to Thread index