The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Starting african violets from leaves 101 part B

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
Pages: 1 2
by Triss on May 12, 2006 06:01 PM
Those look so awesome Merme.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Tonya on May 13, 2006 12:50 AM
Beautiful babies!! I am going to repot the leaves without spots and try to save them. How can I get my other av to bloom again? It was blooming when I bought it- it has new leaves ALL the time, but no blooms. It has been so long I have forgotten what color the blooms are!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by comfrey on May 13, 2006 02:25 PM
Tonya are you using fertilizer???? Mine was blooming when I got it also and then when the blooms were gone..nothing, I bought african violet food, it was a liquid that you mix with water, I also moved mine from the window sill to florescent light and I saw a very dramtic change in the leaves, the color and texture which was alot nicer then when I obtained it, then it finally started forming buds, bloomed and just keeps getting buds under blooms. I have Schultz 8-14-9 African Violet Liquid plant food, it takes 1/8 tsp to a quart of water and I use it everytime I water which is about once every 7-10 days. But there are many other brands, which you really should switch brands occasionally also, since they are not all made the same. Feeding you AV plant will help it start blooming again.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: