The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

noise silencer plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: nocturnal blooming???| Next thread: non blooming hybiscus »
Back to Thread index
by lee kai ling on September 16, 2004 09:22 AM
[wayey] hellow evryone!!!anyone hu knws abt plants that r used as silencer [thinker] ...my teacher said that in other countries they hv these plants that minimize noise... [grin] i havn't heard abt that [dunno] ...any1 hu knws???
tenx a lot [flower] _lee
by weezie13 on September 19, 2004 06:26 AM
Hello Lee kai ling,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!
We are very glad you found us!!!

Just so you know, I'm going to move your post and put it into an area that's a little more traveled thru by our gardener's and they may be able to help you a bit better in Plants and Flowers....

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Jiffymouse on September 19, 2004 07:52 PM
hi lee, you don't say where in the philippines you are at, and that will determine the plants available to you. but, just from my experience, i would say banana plants combined with some sampagita to fill in. if you are in baguio or somehwere like thta, then your choices will be different.
by Arctostaphylos on September 20, 2004 11:22 PM
Well my two cents is this: sound travels in the air, if you want to stop sound then the air in which it is travling has to be redirected from the area in question. To use plants to stop sound takes A LOT of space (in excess of 100 feet) of dense plantings. However there is the psychological effect (which is very significant) that when one can not see the source of the noice the mind thinks it is quieter. To that end any dense planting will work. Good luck.
by Bess of the Piedmont on September 24, 2004 09:26 PM
I agree. Plus, a person could create an alternate pleasant noise to distract from the unpleasant noise, such as a gurgly fountain or wind chimes.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: nocturnal blooming???| Next thread: non blooming hybiscus »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: