The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

suggestions?????

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Suggestion for Zone 3 - 8| Next thread: Suggestions »
Back to Thread index
by Elancat on July 27, 2005 05:05 AM
hello~ I just bought a house and have created beds around the front of my house that has full sun. I was thinking either Day lilies or Hydrangia to fill the beds and have them come back every year. But, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or knew of some flowering evergreen bushes I might try that would nor require cutting back int eh winter.

Thanks

Elan
by RugbyHukr on July 27, 2005 10:37 AM
I will suggest some things that would look nice mixed.

Hinoki Cypress

Spiraea

Black-eyed Susan

Burning Bush

Perennial Hibiscus

Cistena Plum

Agastache

Astilbe

Potentilla

Dianthus

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by Karrie on July 27, 2005 10:40 AM
I would avoid the hydrengia they require alot of water and dont do so well with alot of sun. I have to water mine daily and on real hot days 2 times a day.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by libby on July 27, 2005 12:39 PM
I have day lilies and lantana and even in Tampa where I live they always look fresh and bright. The lantana blooms 12 months.
by tkhooper on July 28, 2005 12:56 AM
What about rhodidandrums(sp) sorry about the spelling. Or even azaleas. I'm a beginner so I could be way off. I just think they are pretty.
by rozy221 on July 31, 2005 10:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing as TK-add Mountain Laurel-just don't know what zone your in? Might be too hot for some of these? Good luck! Sorry I'm not much help!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Suggestion for Zone 3 - 8| Next thread: Suggestions »
Back to Thread index