The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Glory Be! They're Here!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: gloriosa daisy| Next thread: Gloxinia »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on September 18, 2004 07:10 AM
All spring and summer I've been waiting for these guys - waiting . . . waiting . . . re-seeding . . . watering . . .

Then finally see this wee bit of green come up - in August.

The other night I said to Jeff - don't move those sticks I just put on the fence in my south island plot (he's a fuss-budget and woulda' moved 'em).

I did wrap their little wee tendrils around the thin sticks.

Then tonite - Skitter and I are down by the fence next door, having a boo at some of the neighbours flowers (me looking for any that have started seeding, of course).

I walk back up the driveway, up the incline and say to myself 'Oh! Somebody threw a branch down there - flowers - I'll see what's on it'

Lo and behold - finally! Some morning glories!

September 17th, if you please, they arrive. Ohhhhhhhhhh! I hope they grow enough to get seeds.

PLEASE NOTE: If you don't see the picture, it's because our server has their FTP service down right now (Sep 19th 2k4). Check back later.

-

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Jiffymouse on September 18, 2004 03:46 PM
very nice. mine didn't make it this year.
by Carly on September 19, 2004 07:15 PM
Should I leave them in the ground for next spring/summer? Or should I just collect the seeds?

:-0

-
by gardenmom32210 on September 19, 2004 07:24 PM
I'd collect the seeds just to be on the safe side.

Karen [grin]
by Nyce on September 19, 2004 03:33 PM
I had planted Morning Glory's years ago, and they didn't bloom. I had tons of leaves, but nothing else. [dunno] I finally got tired of them, so I pulled everything out. Even to this day, about 15 years later, I will get a plant coming up no where near where I planted the original. I see other people have them around their mailboxes, and it looks absolutely gorgious. We live in a townhouse and have a group mailbox, so I can't do that. But I sure enjoy other people's Morning Glories. [flower]

-
Peace is seeing a sunrise or a sunset and knowing whom to thank.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.
by Carly on September 20, 2004 04:52 AM
I have a friend in North Carolina who does up her mailbox with morning glories - it looks great.

OK - I'll try to get some seeds outta' the deal.

:-0

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: gloriosa daisy| Next thread: Gloxinia »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: