The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Asiatic Lily

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Asiatic lily| Next thread: Asiatic Lily question »
Back to Thread index
by wannabe35 on July 26, 2005 02:16 AM
I am a fairly novice gardener. After my asiatic lilies have bloomed, can I get them to rebloom in the same season? do I just deadhead the blooms and let the foliage stem stand until it browns or do I cut it down to the base? I can't believe how difficult it has been to get this info from my local garden centers...hope someone can help!
by Cricket on July 26, 2005 02:47 AM
Hi Wannabe,

Welcome to the forum! [wayey]

Lilies will only bloom once per season. It is okay to remove spent blooms but leave the foliage as the bulbs use it as a nutrient source for next year's blooms. After the stalks and leaves turn brown you can cut them back.

Cricket
by loz on July 26, 2005 04:39 AM
Yep---just what Cricket said....I have Asiatic Lilies and while they are beautiful when in bloom I always wish they lasted a little longer.....

Welcome to the forum by the way....glad to have you here...
by BFVISION on July 30, 2005 02:44 AM
Can you split up asiatics [dunno] ? I have two beautiful clumps and don't want to screw them up. Each clump has about 4-5 strong stems [clappy] .
Any help is appreciated

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by GreenLeaf on July 30, 2005 03:30 AM
I split my lilies so each stem has a good sized whole bulb and a good root system.

~Green Leaf

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Asiatic lily| Next thread: Asiatic Lily question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: