The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

It's a triumph!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: it's a jungle out there!| Next thread: It's a WOOHOO »
Back to Thread index
by gailo on August 12, 2006 03:24 AM
Our back deck was sagging from some vermin undermining it at one end so we decided to cut it off and put in a patio made of pavers. My husband did the hard physical labor of digging and together we laid the pavers and I planted. I think it turned out well. We love the change. When the plants grow we'll a nice little area. Sorry I don't have a before picture, but I already took one of the next project to come.
 -

-

-

gailo
by penny in ontario on August 12, 2006 03:27 AM
What a beautuful job you have done! [clappy] [clappy] [clappy] [thumb]

-
 -

-
by flycats on August 12, 2006 07:48 AM
WOW that is gorgeous! And your view is spectacular too! I love the round planters with the retaining stones!

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.
by netty on August 12, 2006 09:38 AM
I love it!!!

-
 -
by gailo on August 12, 2006 10:29 AM
We had extra square pavers so we made the round areas, but we got carried away and had to buy another pallet of them. [dunno]

gailo
by netwiz on August 12, 2006 12:23 PM
Great job! I love the beautiful view you have!

Joanne
by ND farm girl on August 12, 2006 03:55 PM
Are those sweet potato vines? Gorgeous!

PattyM
by TulsaRose on August 13, 2006 12:16 AM
gailo, that turned out beautifully and the view must be spectacular. Thanks for posting the pix.

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by gailo on August 13, 2006 01:17 AM
Thanks so much for all your compliments. Yes those are sweet potato vines, I love the color and are they easy to grow. [clappy] About the view, our backyard is the Chesapeake Bay. We were lucky enough to find this house before the real estate sales went crazy here. It had been on the market for a long time because it needed a lot of work (landscaping, new kitchen, new roof etc.) We are slowly getting it into shape.

gailo
by gardenfairy on August 14, 2006 04:58 AM
I love your new patio, and I love your view even more. My dad used to live on Chesapeake Bay, he loved living there.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by patches1414 on August 14, 2006 12:42 PM
Gailo, you've done a wonderful job on your patio and it looks terrific! [thumb] I love the view you have there! [Love] It must be an awesome feeling just sitting out there and taking it all in! [Wink] [Wink] [Smile]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by loz on August 16, 2006 10:14 AM
Galio, I'm 5 hours from Ocean City, MD!!! Just way out here in the west! I LOVE what you did with the patio, and what a view you have of the bay! I'd be sitting out there all day long on my laptop! [thumb]

Glad you got in there before the real estate market went nuts!
by gailo on August 19, 2006 09:26 AM
Hey Loz, we are between St Michaels and Tilghman Island. So maybe you are 3 hours from us. If you are ever in the neighborhood.....give us a call

gailo
by slredmond on August 29, 2006 05:09 AM
Oh my! Beautiful! You've certainly fixed the landscaping issue. Love your choice of materials.

Sandy R.
by joclyn on August 29, 2006 03:15 PM
terrific job on the patio!

i have to agree, your view is spectacular!! i just love the eastern shore - any part of it!! we used to go to rock hall when i was a kid...my parents had bought some land...turned out to be a bust because the water table prevented building on the site. i still get down there on occassion...

congrats & lucky, lucky you for getting the property before the values got out of hand!!! you're in a really hot spot!!
by Wrennie on September 03, 2006 02:03 AM
Great job! [clappy]
{{ want to come do my yard?? [lala] }}

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: it's a jungle out there!| Next thread: It's a WOOHOO »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: