The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

ugh! help for a horrible apartment colour!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Types of flowers/plants| Next thread: Ugly, weedy, dying lawn »
Back to Thread index
by HOLLYHOCKGIRL on August 11, 2006 03:38 PM
Hello All!!!

Was hoping someone out there could help me out....I have a classic "cottage" container garden...did all my research to get lovely British plants....THEN>>>>>my landlord painted my apartment horrible army barracks green.... [Frown] [Eek!] [Razz] [shocked] [scaredy]

I am at a total loss....I loved the old colour...Please help with any suggestions of plants or ideas that can help cover this hideous colour!!! I have tried to be positive and call it "moss" green...but it is olive drab...there is no amount of self-denial to thwart the truth....

I am an old art major...and I know how to use a colour wheel...but...am looking for plant and structural solutions to help hide the whole exterior!!! [dunno]

Any suggestions would help!!! Thanks in advance!!! [thumb]

Cheers!!!
[wavey] HOLLYHOCKGIRL
by gailo on August 12, 2006 03:39 AM
You could get one of those 7 pot planter screens like the one posted in the garden tour heading in this section. I found it at plow and hearth and it is on sale right now.
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?pcode=1627

gailo
by tkhooper on August 12, 2006 05:38 AM
Trellis, trellis, trellis. Depending on the type of exterior you have some trellis' can be made by a series of eye hooks and fishing line so they aren't terrible expensive and don't really show themselves they just make a nice place for vines to grow. Of course that doesn't help come winter.

-
 -
by HOLLYHOCKGIRL on August 12, 2006 10:26 PM
HELLO ALL!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!! The good news is...it is the smallest wall in the yard that has been painted this horrific colour! Other than that, we got a lovely wall that is apricot...which is stunning with the foliage and flowers!!! Not necessarily a "cottage" colour...but I know I can work it out!!! [Big Grin] I was thinking of wall mounting some trellises and growing Cecil Brunner roses and The Fairy climbing rose....they are supposed to be extremely prolific and ...well...in Winter...I just won't look out the window so often!!! LOL....Also...was thinking maybe an evergreen Honeysuckle might be nice? Hope I can find one? Anyway....thanks all for the great advice!!! [Smile]

CHEERS!
HOLLYHOCKGIRL
by dodge on August 13, 2006 02:36 PM
Hollyhocker girl

Plant lots of vines, morning glorys cover fast.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by gardenfairy on August 13, 2006 03:48 PM
Confederate Jasmine is a nice evergreen vine.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Types of flowers/plants| Next thread: Ugly, weedy, dying lawn »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: