The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Most problems solved

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by joestuff on July 23, 2005 03:18 AM
Well, the good news is my geraniums and morning glories are making a great comeback,my passion plants (thanks to plantlady19)are climbing like mad and my sunflowers look strong (no blooms yet). That leaves only my impatiens which are very ill. I don't understand, they bud like crazy but soon as they look like they are ready to open, they die and fall. Oh well, maybe next year. Thanks to all who gave me advice and keep well. [wayey]

Joseph Campbell
by weezie13 on July 23, 2005 07:59 PM
That is great news Joe........

Can you go thru how you planted those plants
with us??
Dirt,
Watering,
Fertilizers, if any???
Sun/Shade???
How are they planted...container/ground???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by joestuff on July 25, 2005 09:20 PM
I purchased these 2 impatiens at a local nursery and they were full and beautiful. At first I had them in a spot where they got about 4 hours of afternoon sun, watered maybe 2x a week and dead headed. Problems started soon as the first round of blooms fell. Ever since, I get lots of buds but they never develope, just die off. I thought at first it was the hot, humid weather so I moved them to a less sun spot (1+) hours. No help. Started watering every day. Added fertilizer. Nothing. Moved to total shade a few days ago and .......nothin'. I am not a fan of impatiens.
All my plants are in potting soil/dirt, planters/pots and the impatiens are in their origional dirt,6" pots.
Any suggestions appreciated. [dunno]

Joseph Campbell

Active Garden Forum