The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need Peanut Butter Cookie recipe

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by Tonya on December 22, 2006 04:44 AM
Summer wants to make peanut butter cookies for Santa....anyone have a simple, good recipe for them??

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by comfrey on December 22, 2006 04:54 AM
Peanut Butter Cookies

Cream:
1 cup sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup shortening

Add:
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together. Roll into small balls & press with a floured fork to make a criss cross on top. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 325-350 degrees.

-
 -
by Tonya on December 22, 2006 05:19 AM
I just found this one on Cooks.com if you know of anyone who cannot have gluten...

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg

Mix well and roll into small balls. Place on ungreased, parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Cookies are done when they are light brown and a little shiny in the middle. Let cool.

Yields 2 dozen 2 inch round cookies

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by mater sandwich on December 22, 2006 05:21 AM
Tonya, You could do what I do.....dip your spoon in the peanut butter jar and then stick it straight in your mouth...... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Clean up sure is easy with this one. [lala]

Here is a recipe of 'Magical peanut butter cookies' that my aunt does. She is a diabetic and this fits her diet while tasting great.....

I believe this is from Paula Deen on the food network. It yields around 18 cookies and the clean up is just a bit longer than my version. [tongue] Here is the simple recipe.

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (recommended: Splenda)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement. Cool slightly before removing from pan.

Some days there is more laughter than others....Just depends on what/who you focus on....
by afgreyparrot on December 22, 2006 06:07 AM
Here's a recipe for Bill's Peanut Butter Balls .

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Tonya on December 22, 2006 08:03 PM
I made the recipe I posted last night with Summer and it is REALLY good! [grin] and easy! I only baked them for about 8-10 minutes, tho....Doug couldn't believe there was no flour involved.

Cindy- I almost read your post WAY wrong! [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by afgreyparrot on December 23, 2006 07:35 AM
quote:
Cindy- I almost read your post WAY wrong! [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

...and I almost made it sound WAY wrong! [Wink] [lala]

[shocked]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Dixie Angel on December 23, 2006 08:01 AM
I couldn't post what I started to when I read that wrong... [lala] [Embarrassed] [angel]

Dianna

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on December 23, 2006 11:17 AM
the one i use is 2 cups bisquick, 1 can eagle brand, 3/4 c peanut butter, and a teaspon vanilla (optional in my house [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

make into balls, roll in suger, flatten with fork, bake 6-9 minutes.

and cindy, no comment [tongue]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: