The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My "freebie" bed....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My 'maters...| Next thread: my "HOUSE-ON-THE-ROCK" experence .. »
Back to Thread index
by Tonya on July 27, 2006 08:26 AM
I was clearing out the grass so I could mulch around my camelia tree and decided to not mulch...

I added some pink purslane(portulaca oleracea)that I found growing in my back yard (if anyone wants any let me know, I have TONS!!) a couple hens and chicks that mom gave me and shells and rocks from my yard. I love it, what do you think??

-
 -

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by penny in ontario on July 27, 2006 08:35 AM
Looks good Tonya [thumb] ..very cute!

-
 -

-
by Tonya on July 27, 2006 08:41 AM
I'm debating whether to add more color or something... something is not "just" right... [dunno]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Bill on July 27, 2006 08:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tonya:
I'm debating whether to add more color or something... something is not "just" right... [dunno]
Where's the Willy? [dunno]
No garden is ever complete without a Willy! [grin]

-
by Tonya on July 27, 2006 08:47 AM
I don't have a single Willy... [Eek!] I need one! [thumb] You are 100% right, too. He needs to be leaning against the trunk of the tree. [muggs]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Triss on July 27, 2006 09:46 AM
Tonya, Yep a Willy is in order. Looks good other than that. Maybe some colored rocks if you want some instant color. Otherwise just wait for the flowers to grow! It will look awesome!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by SpringFever on July 27, 2006 09:47 AM
I have gargoyles in my garden ... But no Willy's either [Eek!]

Looks Great Tonya.. I really like the shells you added to it!! [thumb]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by shanbear on July 28, 2006 05:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tonya:
You could use a colour that would accent the brick... like a soft red or pinks... Yellow also goes very well with green...
by Tonya on July 28, 2006 05:23 AM
The purslane blooms pink...I'll post a pic when it blooms...

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by plantqueen on July 28, 2006 05:49 AM
Looks good! I don't have a willy either! Need to find myself one of them.

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by chenno on July 28, 2006 11:49 AM
[thumb] looks great tonya

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by Squirrel on July 28, 2006 01:19 PM
Tonya, great idea! [thumb] Can't wait for the blooms. Keep us posted. Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by loz on July 28, 2006 03:43 PM
Everyone here should have a Willy in their garden! [thumb]

I think it's going to be fantastic Tonya when it fills in!! It's looking nice! [muggs]
by Karrie on July 31, 2006 09:12 AM
Where can you get a Willy, I havent seen any but small ones. They had some at walmart that were pot legs. But they were awful small. I would love a Willy.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by Tonya on July 31, 2006 02:22 PM
Karrie, I saw a couple cute ones at Dollar General the other day...I may have to go back and get one! They were $5 apiece, but you could also check with garden supply stores.

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by penny in ontario on August 01, 2006 08:45 AM
Willy's are so cute...Triss gave me my first Willy and then my second and third came from Lynne...keep searching Karrie!

-
 -

-
by buzylady on August 03, 2006 04:38 AM
OK what is purslane? Do you have a pic? And you may try a ceramic shop for a willy.
Diane

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by Tonya on August 03, 2006 06:07 AM
buzylady, I was told that this was purslane (portulaca oleracea) It has leaves similar to plain portulaca only wider and has single layer very small blooms. Mine happen to be pink, but I believe it does come in other colors.
 -

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by buzylady on August 03, 2006 07:12 AM
I love portulaca. I got a cutting of the spreading type with a yellow and orange tye-dye kind of bloom. If you have lots of the purslane I would like a few cuttings. Let me know if I can send you something.
Diane

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My 'maters...| Next thread: my "HOUSE-ON-THE-ROCK" experence .. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: