The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

The Backyard Project:

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: The Baby is Comming| Next thread: The bed is not ready but..... »
Back to Thread index
by MarksYard on July 18, 2006 11:04 AM
Ok..I'm going to try and keep ya all posted with the progress..
The Start:
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Feel free to throw out ideas, suggestions and concerns...Mark
by Triss on July 18, 2006 11:17 AM
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! What an awesome amount of space you have there to work with. Any thoughts on the bare bones of what you want to add?

I can see a gazebo with climbing vines, a pond, pathways, raised beds, a nice grassy area. Ohhhhh the possibilities!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by MarksYard on July 18, 2006 11:22 AM
LOL...well...after leveling this space I plan on extending the cement patio with a paver patio, including a cover which extends the lentgh of the house...then yes a pond, three tier with some koi...(my wife loves fish) then along the fence a block wall raised bed with flowers and stuff to be determined later..then about a 20x30 grass area...oh and a dog run for baby there..lot of work and $$ but it should keep me busy for about a year or two... [Smile]
by Triss on July 18, 2006 11:28 AM
Sure will but oh the results will be so worth it. Are you planning on extending the patio both ways along the back of the house?

-
 -
by MarksYard on July 18, 2006 11:37 AM
The patio will extend away from the house to the right as you stand facing the backyard out of the door..the short side will be (in my mind) a pathway with a small wooden bridge as you enter the backyard...with a dry creek under..in reality a place for the new rain gutters to drain..
by Triss on July 18, 2006 11:44 AM
That is a good idea cuz it can get pretty wet there when it rains. I can see some large planters or a raised type of bed under what I assume is diningroom windows? (the angled one to the right in the 2nd to last pic) Then you could see flowers while eating.

-
 -
by MarksYard on July 18, 2006 11:52 AM
well we could, but we don't eat at the table..we both work PM's 2:45 to 11:00 so we generally eat out...even on days off..but I like that idea...we'll see...
by afgreyparrot on July 19, 2006 12:51 AM
Wow, you are so lucky to have that fence! [grin]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by penny in ontario on July 19, 2006 01:13 AM
Its great to redo a yard and start from scratch.
If you look in my album you will see that we too, also redid our back yard and i love it.
Keep posting those pictures of the progress!

-
 -

-
by Wrennie on July 19, 2006 03:32 PM
A flat yard! Ahhhh  -
How about a nice weeping white birch, or weeping cherry for a focal spot. Then the rest should be all dooy play area, a digging spot, a doggy kiddy pool.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Wrennie on July 19, 2006 03:34 PM
And, the large wall where the chimney comes down definitely needs a trellis for some blooms to grow on.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by loz on July 20, 2006 03:32 AM
Wow, it's going to be amazing---can't wait to see more pics as it progresses. [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: The Baby is Comming| Next thread: The bed is not ready but..... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: