The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Jasmine Plant & white fly!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: JASMINE PLANT| Next thread: Jasmine Plant Question »
Back to Thread index
by vicky on July 17, 2005 11:58 PM
Hi,

I've got a rather poorly looking jasmine plant in a pot outside - was very healthy when I bought it a month ago but looks to be drying out. Do they like direct sunlight as it has it about 6-7 hours a day and temps around 33ÂșC?

Also, whitefly is a horrendous problem here on the island. Any tips as it seems to attack almost everything. And lastly, got lots of moths in the garden, and the caterpillars are munching their way through my plants!! Any ideas?
Thanks for any tips and advice in advance!!
A novice gardener who loves to potter!!
by RugbyHukr on July 18, 2005 02:03 AM
What kind of Jasmine? Vining like a J.polyanthum or J.nitidum?

I have a J.polyanthum on my patio in SoCal. It takes 4-7 hours of sun per day. I have it behind a support pole, so that the direct sun does not heat the pot. It began to distress about a month after I bought it, also. Spider mites, browning leaves. I sprayed for the mights, and fed the palnt with liquid fertilizer & "superthrive", a great product for distressed plants. I water every morning. If the water is not sinking in very quickly, water with the hose. The intense pressure will help to soften the crust for better penetration. superthrive

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by weezie13 on July 18, 2005 08:07 PM
Vicky,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
We're very glad you found us....

Just so you know, I"m going to move
your post down into the PLANTS AND FLOWERS SECTION, you may get some additional replies
in to there...

And don't forget to look around and check out all
of our sections here, there's lot's to do here...
Lot's of wonderful gardener's and friends....
It's a very close friendly gardening community here...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: JASMINE PLANT| Next thread: Jasmine Plant Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: