The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

GOOD Landscaping Software

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Good house plants for little light| Next thread: good news! »
Back to Thread index
by Ceramicslover on June 23, 2006 11:14 AM
Hi everyone. I need some help. Last year I bought some software to help me get started landscaping our yard and it helped great, but I now need a better software. I would like to find one with better images and a place to journal. Can anyone help me. The software I have cost $50. I am now looking at the over $100 software, but don't know what works.

Thanks!

Lori
by Zenith on June 24, 2006 04:00 AM
Hello Lori [wavey]

http://landscaping-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
I think I have found what you're after has reviews of landscape software ranging from $19.99 to $79.95 the $79.95 on this site took out their gold award, link to the one I mean http://landscaping-software-review.toptenreviews.com/mas-land-pro-home-des-75-review.html

Hope this help [Smile]
by Pianolady on June 27, 2006 04:09 PM
I used to have the Bronze rated one from this link: Punch! Master Landscape

It wasn't very easy to use, but once you figured it out, did some neat things. I was able to import a pic of my house, and plan a garden using it. I planned two gardens using the software, and both turned out looking much like they rendering from the software.

My main complaints were the lack of variety in backgrounds/grass features. Adding ponds never did work for me. Elevations and anything not on a flat surface were difficult to work with. The "Pro" version of the Punch! software looks like it has more features, perhaps it includes these things (it's the Gold rated one from the review site linked in previous post).

Things I liked were the huge plant library, the ability to fly around your garden plan in 3d looking at it from different angles, and the ability to import a photo of my actual home, although it wasn't easy. This program does have a steep learning curve, and not much helpful documentation included. Mine was purchased years ago, perhaps they have improved on this point.

Here's a few pics of garden renderings from the program. The picket fence, tree and planting ended up looking very much like the rendering below...

-

Rest of the pics

We ended up fencing less of the yard, but the general idea came out the same as the plan.

Photos of front yard from this year

-
by Ceramicslover on July 04, 2006 02:57 PM
Thanks so much for you input! That is exactly what I was looking for. My birthday is coming up and my husband surprised me by looking at my bookmarks and finding that I was looking at Punch and another called Grow it! Gold. He bought the Growit!gold. It will be here in two weeks. I hope it works. I was waiting to hear from more folks here, before I bought anything. The reviews website that was given by Zenith was where I went a year ago to get my first software and where I was looking for my second. Then I saw this other software and was seesawing between the two and couldn't make up my mind. PianoLady, Your yard is beautiful. I hope mine looks that good when I am done. Happy planting!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Good house plants for little light| Next thread: good news! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: