The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Gerber Daisies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: gerber daiseys| Next thread: Gerber Daisies »
Back to Thread index
by SandyW on August 16, 2004 09:10 PM
I was given a Gerber daisy (plant) as a gift and I'm not sure how to care for it. I've heard that they like a lot of light and they are difficult to care for. I live in Virginia, where it freezes in the winter. Can I assume that it would not survive outside? I would appreciate any advice.

Sandy
by alankhart on August 17, 2004 12:44 AM
Gerber Daisies are not frost hardy, so it probably won't survive the winter (although here in zone 7 I did actually have one come back after a mild winter). They prefer full sun and good drainage, so it would be best to plant it outside rather than try to grow it indoors. If you'd rather grow it indoors, keep it in a sunny window and turn it once a week to help keep the blooms from leaning toward the sun.

-
 -
 -
by loz on August 19, 2004 07:08 AM
My mom has several of these in pots on her porch and one of them has recently completely flopped over....leaves are bad, flowers flopped and everything.....all the other ones are okay and have been watered at the same interval as the sick one(she's careful not to overwater, and sticks her finger in the soil to make sure it's not wet)......I wonder what happened to it? Any ideas so I can tell her? Oh by the way, there doesn't appear to be any bugs in it, or any rot on the leaves, they are just curled....

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: gerber daiseys| Next thread: Gerber Daisies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: