The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Eva's Pride Peach......Watering?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: EUREKA double bloom impatiens| Next thread: evening grosbeak »
Back to Thread index
by OhMrWilson13 on August 08, 2004 07:48 AM
I've had a 5 gal Eva's Pride Peach for about a month and a half now, and its condition seems to be quite unstable. It's about 5 ft tall and foilage is medium. At times the leaves begin to shrivel up and fall off, and other times they seem soggy and water-logged. Many of the leaves seem eaten by insects. I started by leaving the tree in full sun, but quickly it became apparent that the tree was drying out too quickly, so them i left it in partial sun and it seemds to do better there, but the leaves still seem rather droopy. I have alternated watering every day, every two days, and every three days with constantly varying results. It says on the label that the tree is tolerant to wet soil, but not tolerant to drought. All I need is some general tips to watering small peach trees....thanks!

Also, I have a burgandy plum tree which is doing very well and has bloomed, but out of curriousity, does anyone know how long it takes from fertilization of the flower until the fruit becomes ripe? (i've never grown plums before) thanks!

Wilson
by Pineapple_Raye on August 08, 2004 03:04 PM
You have a 5 foot tall tree in a 5 gallon bucket?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: EUREKA double bloom impatiens| Next thread: evening grosbeak »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: