The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New guinea impatient

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: New Guinea Impatiens| Next thread: New Guinea Impatients »
Back to Thread index
by Shbebes on July 24, 2004 08:18 PM
My New Guinea Impatient isn't doing so well. For the first 2 months it did fine in the hanging basket on my porch so much so that even a bird made her nest in it. Over the last month it has not bloomed and it just looks over all tired and droopy. It has adequate water but not too much and I keep it out of direct sunlight because it seems to burn the leaves. I split the plant up in two today and repotted them with new potting soil and I hope that works. (the roots looked heathy when I split them)

Anyone that grows these successfully would be an asset to me right now. I'd love any tips you could share with me. [Smile]
by Nako on July 25, 2004 07:24 PM
Hi there!
I've been a victim of the same exact thing this past month. What happened was that i learned what the word "annual" means lol. Turns out Annual doesn't mean "flowers every year at a specific time." It means that it'll grow, flower, drop off seeds if a bee got to it, and then die [tears]

Well that's what i got out of it anyway >.< I think it truely sucks that ya gotta buy impatians every year if ya wana have em... Oh well [dunno] I've read about people on the board having impatians for more than 2 years, but they only flowered the first year. Shame too, cuz they have such pretty leaves [Smile]

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: New Guinea Impatiens| Next thread: New Guinea Impatients »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: