The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Chocolate Chip Dunking Cake

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: chocolate chip cookies| Next thread: chocolate cosmos? »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on March 15, 2006 09:29 PM
Chocolate Chip Dunking Cake
Makes 1 Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 envelopes FLEISCMANN'S RapidRise Yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 large eggs
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Chocolate Nut Topping (recipe follows)

In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120o to 130oF). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in chocolate morsels and remaining flour to make a soft batter. Turn into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Bake at 400oF for 15 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with Chocolate Nut Topping. Return to oven and bake additional 10 minutes or until done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.

Chocolate Nut Topping: In medium bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 2/3 cup all-purpose flour until crumbly. Stir in 2/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, and 1 cup chopped pecans.

-
 -
by cookinmom on June 17, 2006 04:37 AM
Hey TK, this sounds awesome. I'm giving my daughter and one of her friends some cooking instruction this summer, and I've introduced them to the wonders of yeast [clappy] . This is definitely a recipe I'm going to make with them. Especially with the chocolate chips in it.
Thanks for sharing!

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by tkhooper on June 17, 2006 04:53 AM
Your very welcome Valerrie,

I've been working on putting together a cookbook for the young women of my church and this is one that I thought they might like.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: chocolate chip cookies| Next thread: chocolate cosmos? »
Back to Thread index