The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Best way to start Rose seeds....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Best way to remove my lawn.| Next thread: Betta Vases »
Back to Thread index
by Tonya on December 28, 2006 03:40 AM
I was lucky enough to harvest some seeds from my rose and was wondering the best way to give them the best possible chance at sprouting. Any suggestions?

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by kennyso on December 28, 2006 08:43 AM
Soak seeds in hydrogen peroxide (1:10 hydroP. to water) for like 30 seconds and them wrap them in a wet paper towel and put in a baggie, leave partially open. Then put in fridge and chekc every week or so, some mould (the black spots) is normal, but don't let there be too much. I usually change the paper towel once over the three months or so, that being said, keep it in the fridge for AT LEAST three months. Whne I change the paper towel I also dump the seeds in the same concentration of hydrogen peroxide and discard the floating ones. I only use the ons that sink. When you notice a small root coming out of the rose seed, transfer to potting medium, do not over water, rose seedlings damen off really easily. Not sure if that's what everyone does, but that's what I do and it workds pretty well for me. Let us know how it goes, don't forget to show us pics of your blooms! And just a small thing, for repeated blooming roses, you should see a bud at around three months, and for single blooming roses, you should not see a bud until next year. All my seedlings always dampen off, too much tender loving care ? [Big Grin] [Frown]

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by sibyl on December 28, 2006 10:25 AM
[thumb] thats cool! i never knew how to do rose seeds! [critic] im checkin my roses for seeds next year! [grin]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Best way to remove my lawn.| Next thread: Betta Vases »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: