The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

When will Bee Balm bloom?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Designs on June 15, 2005 11:26 PM
I planted this plant last year and it never bloomed. It's huge this year but not blooming yet. I bought it at a nursury & it's a healthy plant. It's in a spot where it gets mostly sun, some shade. I just hope it's going to bloom. When should I expect it to in WI?

Designs
by gardengal on June 15, 2005 11:38 PM
Hi & Welcome Designs,
I've never planted bee balm but from what I've read it should bloom in the summer, but rarely blooms in the first year. It sounds like your plant is healthy and in the right place so this may be the year. Probably next month... [Smile]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by alankhart on June 16, 2005 12:47 AM
My Bee Balm is starting to bloom now, but I think I'm in a higher zone than you so yours may need a little more time. It also depends on the cultivar and the amount of sun. Often the more shade it gets the longer it takes to bloom. I have 5 different cultivars of Bee Balm, three of them are blooming now and two are just now starting to bud out and should be blooming in a couple of weeks.

-
 -
 -
by BFVISION on June 16, 2005 07:31 AM
Here in zone six the bee balm has not bloomed. I have never had it NOT bloom the first year and I have plenty. It is great for naturalizing, just remember to tie it up if it gets too windy. Staying on top of the blooms and dead heading could result in a second bloom.
Good Luck!

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by Designs on June 16, 2005 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll watch for it to bloom and then I'll need to split it for next year. If it does not bloom I'll for sure move it. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you all!

Designs

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: