The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spider plant propagation

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Spider plant propagation| Next thread: Spider plant Question »
Back to Thread index
by gardenfairy on August 19, 2006 04:52 PM
I'm at my mom's this weekend and she has the most beautiful spider plant with LOTS of babies. I want to get a baby and root it but I'm not sure the best way to do that. I don't know if I should put it in water or just put it in some potting soil. Any suggestions?

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by netwiz on August 20, 2006 12:44 AM
Hi Monica, I have two babies that were rooted in water by another member here. I potted them up once the roots were long enough and now they are doing great. Good luck!

Joanne
by gardenfairy on August 20, 2006 02:32 AM
Thanks, I will try some in water!!

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by daysea on November 20, 2006 11:03 PM
i just started two [babies] in terrariums. i hope they do ok. i tried one in wter a while back and it didnt work. my aunt used to do the same, in a glass of water on the window sill and you couldnt stop them she had spider plants everywhare after a while.. i guess well be patient, good luck with yours.

dayseafefe

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spider plant propagation| Next thread: Spider plant Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: