The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

four o'clock cutings

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Four O' Clocks| Next thread: Four o'clock question »
Back to Thread index
by kennyso on August 16, 2006 01:23 AM
Remember a while back I was looking for seeds and also help with seeds, now I've finally gotten a cutting! I wanted to take cuttings from a pink one but the neighbour didn't allow me to.

Now I've discovered a tricolour four o'clock and that family DID allow me to take a cutting, so I took one. I made a cut through the leaf node and have stuck it in water now. Didn't need to remove any leaves (or do I?) cuz there's about 3 inches of empty stalk beore there's another set of leaves. I snipped of the top pair of leaves, now what do I do?

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by patches1414 on August 18, 2006 07:59 AM
I've never propagated any Four O'Clocks but have done many other plants similar to them. What I do is cut off a stem of new growth approximately 1/2" below a set of leaves and then take off all the leaves at the bottom of the cutting and leave a couple sets of leaves at the top. I stick the bottom part of my cutting in Clonex Rooting Compound (or use any rooting hormone) then put it in some potting soil. I make sure that I cover at least two of the removed sets of leaves (if possible) in the potting soil. I always keep the soil moist, but not soaked, and keep it out of any direct sunlight until after I can see some of the new leaves sprouting.

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Four O' Clocks| Next thread: Four o'clock question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: