The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

bleeding heart seeds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: bleeding heart seeds?| Next thread: Bleeding hearts »
Back to Thread index
by gardenfairy on August 12, 2006 09:01 AM
I have some bleeding heart seeds. When is the best time to plant them, and should I start them indoors or outside in the ground. Also do I need to do anything special to them before I plant?

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by kennyso on August 12, 2006 10:07 AM
I'm no expert here on this matter so please don't kill me if this is not true! I 'heard' and 'read from a website' that the seeds should be sown as soon as possible because they don't remain viable if they are dried and kept too long. I would just sown them now, water, and wait for spring. Maybe they will grow now and come back in the spring, or they migh come up in spring. BTW, you think you can show me a picture of those seeds and seed pods? I've had a bleeding heart but never seen it set seed before!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by gardenfairy on August 12, 2006 02:34 PM
Here is a picture of the seeds, I don't know what the seed pods look like, I got these from a trade.

-

Here is a close up

-

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: bleeding heart seeds?| Next thread: Bleeding hearts »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: