The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Shrub Roses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Shrub Rose Question| Next thread: Shrub Roses in Distress »
Back to Thread index
by Ignignokt on June 15, 2005 03:27 AM
I'm growing shrub roses in my garden. I planted them about 5+ years ago. They are doing better than they ever have. There are plenty of blooms. One problem, the stems are about four feet tall and they lean to the right. Especially when I water them. Is there anything I can do to stop this and prevent it from happening again?
by mike57 on June 15, 2005 07:36 AM
HI you might have to cut them back. then regular pruneing on them after they drop there blooms might be your best bet.regular pruneing is a must to keep your roses in the shape where they look the best and make them grow fuller. but you might try staking them up first with twine and a strong stick to pull them back where you would like them to be. you might have to leave them staked for quite awhile so the limbs will stay where you would like them to be.hope this helps.your friend in gardeing.mike57

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by ladybob on June 16, 2005 04:20 AM
I want to get a shrub roses do you have to cover them in cold weather in zone 4 I like plants I don't have to work with to much.
by tkhooper on June 16, 2005 04:32 AM
Roses may not be your best choice for easy care flowers. They require a lot of specialize attention from what I understand. Dusting, fertilizing with special stuff, careful watering so you don't get a disease, pruning just right so you get a full bush shape rather than one that straggles, bugs that like to snack on them. I think if you look around you may find many other options.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Shrub Rose Question| Next thread: Shrub Roses in Distress »
Back to Thread index