The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

More Azalea Problems!!!!!!!!!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: More African Violets!!! Check 'em out...| Next thread: More Babies »
Back to Thread index
by Annette on July 19, 2004 02:52 AM
[tears] Okay...I got the stuff to treat the Azaleas for the LaceBugs. Treated ALL the Azaleas, so that the problem wouldn't just spread to the untreated plants. NOW, one of the ones that was just fine before treatment, looks like it's DYING!!! [Eek!]

To look at it, you would think that it's not getting enough water. But the plant was BEAUTIFUL before spraying it for LaceBugs. None of the other plants look wilted/dried out! It almost looks like that last plant left at the store at the end of the season! Maybe even a little worse. Could the pesticide have done this, or am I in the wrong ball park on that? Should I try to give it more water than what it's BEEN getting? Or is it getting too much? [dunno]

Please HELP!!!!
by Bestofour on July 19, 2004 03:37 AM
http://www.organicgardentips.com/how_to_grow_azaleas.html

There's a lot of info on this page. I know that I have mine in the shade and prune them right after they bloom. I had a few that had yellow looking leaves last year and I added some fertilizer around the roots and they perked back up. How long have you had these? Could they be bad plants?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by Annette on July 19, 2004 04:16 AM
I've had them for a few months now. Got all the plants at the same place/time. And planted all at the same time. This one bloomed beautifully right after planting, and so did the others. But ever since I treated it...it's gone downhill. And it's the ONLY one that did! All the others are perking up from the treatment.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: More African Violets!!! Check 'em out...| Next thread: More Babies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: