The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

growing datura from seed

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Growing Comfrey| Next thread: Growing Dogwood from Seed »
Back to Thread index
by kennyso on July 09, 2006 12:58 AM
Anyone know how? The instructions that I found from Google did not work [dunno] Also, I have more seeds than I need so if you want them, PM me or see the seeds forum.

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by gardenmom32210 on July 09, 2006 03:20 AM
I've grown Datura many times from seed and have never done anything special to them(I checked out the info on google). I simply put them into a good quality potting soil and keep them watered and in good light. I've even had lots of babies come up under the plant when I missed seed pods.

G-Mom [grin]
by kennyso on July 09, 2006 05:58 AM
It's times like this when I really think to myself: God must have planned out what plants you are allowed to grow and what plants you aren't. It seems like there are always plants that someone cannot grow while others have grown more than they will ever need! It's somewhat comforting to know that they do sprout, maybe I'll give them a try again tonight.

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by jeffkris on July 11, 2006 03:56 AM
I planted Datura for the first time this year. Just sowed them in sunny spot and watered. They came up quickly but didn't do much til the weather got warm and sunny. (later than usual)

Good luck1 Try again
by netty on July 11, 2006 09:43 AM
I usually do mine in early spring in peat pellets. Then I put them in a container with clear wrap over the top. When they get true leaves I put them in pots making sure to take that webbing off the pellet.
Sometimes they re-seed themselves right in the garden too.

-
 -
by lulusmom on July 29, 2006 02:06 AM
I have commonly known as thorn apple plants or Angels trumpets,white flowers in the garden and they seed themselves (too much) Benign neglect seems to make them thrive but the hotter and more humid the better they like it I can share seeds in a few weeks if anyone wants them. I just bought a yellow Brugmansia and need some advice as it will have to come in in the winter here in Syracuse

lulusmom

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Growing Comfrey| Next thread: Growing Dogwood from Seed »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: