The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

VFT molding

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: VFT cuttings| Next thread: VFT Soil »
Back to Thread index
by puddingned94 on May 09, 2006 03:13 AM
i have a healthy VFT and i fed it a cricket it hasn't digested it for about six days and the edges are starting to mold whats happening ?? How can i help it?? [dunno]
by margaret e. pell on May 09, 2006 04:21 AM
Crickets are way too big. Cut off the trap and read some of the copious amounts of VFT info here.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Amber J on May 14, 2006 08:44 PM
It actually depends on the size of the cricket, and the size of the trap. Generally you don't want to feed your VFT anything bigger than 1/3 the trap's size.

Baby crickets are usually fine - I bought a bunch at Petsmart and let them have babies, let the big ones go, and then the VFT's ate the babies. Pretty greusome, huh?

The only thing with this is, crickets CAN get a certain fungus if they are kept in a humid environment with poor ventilation, so if you have your VFT's in a tank, and it is not ventilated well enough, avoid the crickets.

Also, are you sure it is mold, or is the trap just turning black? Turning black after eating is normal for a trap.

Hope that helps.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: VFT cuttings| Next thread: VFT Soil »
Back to Thread index