The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Repot Venus Fly Trap

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by NewtothePot on April 27, 2006 03:33 PM
I have a VFT, and I haven't repotted it since I bought it. It has started growing roots out the bottom, So I think it is time to repot it. I know they need acidic soil, but all I have is MirAcid (a soil acidifier). Would this be alright? How would I make soild right for my VFT? Thanks a ton for any help!
by margaret e. pell on April 28, 2006 02:49 AM
A 1:1 mix of peat moss and coarse sand works best.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Amber J on April 28, 2006 03:47 AM
Actually, I have found this combo works best:

Horticultural sand, washed clean of all its silt with distilled water. Mix it with peat (make SURE it's not Miracle Gro Peat!!), and perlite. Don't use vermiculite, it gets funky. Top off with a layer of live moss, if you can find it. If not PM me, I have some.

Somewhere on here I've posted some really detailed infor about how to mix this all, and make a terrarium - it had some really helpful info in it but I will have to look for it. When I find it I'll cut and paste for you!
by NewtothePot on April 28, 2006 09:22 AM
Thanks, I'll try to get some and repot it, I don't think that it is happy in the small container.
by puddingned94 on May 08, 2006 09:10 AM
i have no idea about potting
by rubberbandman on May 16, 2006 05:13 PM
I've heard that African Violet potting soil is a good soil for vft's and when i transplant mine thats what I'll use.

-
people tell me I have the body of a god... too bad its buddah.
by Amber J on May 16, 2006 07:51 PM
No! Afraican potting soil will kill it!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: