The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need idea's for planting colorful flowers in mostly shade

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
Pages: 1 2
by patches1414 on July 23, 2006 07:27 PM
I'm anxious to see the pictures too! [Wink] I think that's what dreams are made of! [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Mrs.Bradley on August 24, 2006 11:14 AM
Hey Tj!!
what part of Oregon you from? valley, coast,???
We are in Brookings. lots of water,mist,overcast skies...so things grow differently here.

Hydrangeas grow well here,come to think of it, most of my plants are for part shade only except the hydrangea. wow! thought I had more...
guess I'll have to work off of the suggestions you get too. my NEXT project is the shade garden.(just got the rose garden done...of course that is until they start selling roses again...just when you think you are all done, you see something else!) welcome to the forum,you'll love it here.

-
 -
by janidob on October 27, 2006 09:42 PM
Hi! My yard, too, is mostly shade. I can grow the most beautiful tomato plants but no tomatoes. I have had great success with Mexican Petunia, Gerber Daisy, Purslanes, Hibiscus, ajuga and Swedish Ivy. My pink Gerber daisy currently has 8 blooms! I also have wonderful catnip, basil, parsley, cilantro, dill and lemon basil. My ice plants are huge too.
I have had to test and fail several times to get my beds and containers full of blooms.

Thanks for all the great info!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: