The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Well established jade

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Welcome home worms| Next thread: Well I just "harvested" »
Back to Thread index
by quindici on December 04, 2006 08:46 AM
This is a planat that was started after my son gave me a starter from his about three years ago and it has become a beautiful large plant. I had the plant at my previous home but now have moved to Florida and keep it outdoors which is a blessing for most plants but recently, I have noticed that the leaves have begun to fall off but are still dark and firm. I do not water it unless it is natural rain water (which we don't get very often). Any suggestions as to why this is happening. This is my first day on this site and after I get to know it better, I will try to send a picture of this and also my cacti that I need help with.
by margaret e. pell on December 04, 2006 09:08 AM
How long since the move? Did you use the same kind of water before? Jades are notorious for resisting change. This may be its natural adjustment phase. They tend to drop leaves if you as much as turn the pot in the same window it has always lived in.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by hisgal2 on December 06, 2006 01:26 AM
Yup....thats what I was thinking too. It is probably just pouting. I repotted mine and while it didn't drop leaves, they are hanging a bit lower than they used to....it really does look like its pouting! [Big Grin]

Have you tried to get babies from the leaves that were dropped? I think that is possible if you wanted more of them around.

-
 -

-
by hisgal2 on December 06, 2006 01:26 AM
oh....and welcome to the site! [wavey] [wavey] [wavey]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Welcome home worms| Next thread: Well I just "harvested" »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: