The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Potted Jade Cuttings with Aerial Roots

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Amany on November 25, 2006 06:28 AM
Hello.

I potted some jade cuttings two weeks ago. I watered them six days later. They are starting to form aerial roots. Why are they doing that?
by margaret e. pell on November 25, 2006 02:14 PM
I don't know. I have a large, 10 year old in the same pot jade that has just started doing that, too. I'll be interested to read what people say to you.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Jiffymouse on November 27, 2006 01:47 AM
mine have just done that at odd times. i thought they all did that [dunno]
by plants 'n pots on November 27, 2006 01:53 AM
Only one of mine has done this, and I'm surprised, since it's so dry in our house when the heat is on.

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by lord_fungi on November 28, 2006 12:38 PM
ok i tell you what i did i had a huge jade tree crussula and it actually grows inside the soil and it needs alot of water everyday you know depends on the size of the cutting. your best bet is to be very patient with them because they take absolutly ages to grow form cuttings very slow..

as free as the grass grows is the call of real freedom.
by tkhooper on November 29, 2006 12:31 AM
Mine will do that from time to time and it's usually when it's in an active growth period and getting water about once a week or two. But I've never had a cutting do that.

-
 -
by Amany on November 29, 2006 03:03 AM
Thank you for all your responses. I'll just chalk it up to happy cuttings. They look really good and healthy.

I'm beginning to think that these cuttings are just super eager to grow! They've been potted for less than a month, had no roots, but I think I'm actually seeing a bit of budding as well.

I bought them from a seller on Ebay. He's the guy I get most of my succulents from. I usually get them already rooted but, since I wanted more jades than he had at the time, he offered me cuttings at a reduced price. Everything I've ever gotten from him has grown like crazy. I wonder what he does to his plants?!

I'll have to email him and tell him about the cuttings.

Thanks everyone!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: